It has recently been published this new Law 4/2015 regulating the prevention and correction of soil contamination in the Basque Country. This Law seeks to reduce administrative intervention, simplify administrative procedures and adapt the regulation in the Basque Country to some issues already raised in the Spanish Law 22/2011 on waste and contaminated soil.
Following is a short summary of the main news introduced by this Basque Law 4/2015:
- Update of the inventory of potentially soil polluting activities or sites, within a maximum period of one year;
- Classification of potentially soil polluting activities according to their potential of pollution, entailing different obligations in each case;
- Establishment of different administrative procedures: statement of soil quality, statement of qualification for use of the soil or exempted soil (according to the different possibilities established by this Law);
- New provisions and obligations for sites where waste disposal activities were carried out in the past;
- Greater detail and attention to the water condition requirements to potentially contaminated waters as a result of soil contamination;
- Establishment of a new system of taxes for different procedures regulated by Law; and
- A new structure of the legal text that aims to provide greater consistency and clarity to the regulated contents.
For further information do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org